Prosser Award Nominations
Deadline for nominations June 10, 2022
Eligibility and Nominations
To be considered for a Prosser Award, candidates must be nominated by a current IVSA member and have completed outstanding work in visual methodologies during the previous two years. As “beginning scholars,” nominees also must be either current graduate students or scholars who completed their graduate degree program in the preceding 5 years (since January 1, 2016). Nominees do not have to be IVSA members, but if they are, they can self-nominate.
To nominate a candidate who meets the eligibility criteria noted above, please submit the following (in English):
- Contact information for the nominee and the nominating IVSA member: name, position, academic department or program, institution, telephone and email address.
- A nomination letter (1200 words max) from the nominating IVSA member, recommending the nominee’s work in terms of the Awards Program review criteria (see below).
- Supplemental documents and work products (not exceeding 5,000 words and 10 images) that illustrate the exceptional value and potential of the nominee’s contributions to visual methodologies.
- Evidence confirming current graduate student status or the completion of graduate degrees since January 1, 2016.
Each nominee’s work will be evaluated by the IVSA Awards Review Committee to assess its thoughtfulness, significance and creativity in addressing issues of interest to members of the IVSA. In examining the work of Prosser Award Nominees, the Review Committee will give special consideration to work that:
- enhances the theory and/or practice of visual methodologies;
- contributes new insights to participatory approaches, visual representation, and analysis;
- enriches understanding of culture and social life; and/or
- models creative and effective applications of visual imagery to critical inquiry.
NominationsOnly current IVSA members may make nominations for our awards. If you are already a member please log into your account.
If you are not yet a member of the IVSA, please consider becoming one.